Bets on Boxing Matches at William Hill Sportsbook: How to Get Started and Make Winning Bets
Boxing bets are in high demand in sportsbook William Hill, as the sport is one of the most popular betting options for their customers. Many of the top boxing fights, especially title matches, draw large, engaged betting markets and big volume of bets from the William Hill punters. Betting on boxing offers high stakes and the potential for huge payouts, making it appealing to all kinds of punters, from the casual fan to the experienced bettor.
William Hill customers can bet on boxing matches before the round-Start or in play, where they can try to predict the round or decision that the clash will finish. The sportsbook also offers a range of different bets, such as individual fight odds, over/under betting and round betting.
William Hill also has exclusive markets and promotions for boxing fans which provides customers with additional value, such as enhanced odds, free bets and boosted accumulators.
Overall, the betting demand for boxing is high with William Hill and the bookmaker is continuously developing new markets and special offers to meet the needs of the punters.
Types of Boxing Bets Offered by William Hill
William Hill offers a variety of boxing betting types for sportsbooks. These include betting on moneyline markets (the most common type of boxing bet), in which you bet on a fighter to win outright, regardless of the margin of victory. You can also place bets on the round betting market, in which you select a fighter to win within a specific round range, such as rounds 1-3 or 4-6. Other boxing bet options include totals or over/under betting, in which you wager whether the fight will last longer or shorter than the predetermined number of rounds. William Hill also offers handicap betting, in which you can give either fighter an advantage of a certain number of points. Finally, you can bet on the method of victory, for example which fighter will win by knockout or decision.
1. Decision Betting: This type of wager allows you to pick whether a bout will end in a decision or a knockout. The advantage here is that the bettor does not have to pick a winner, but only the type of result.
2. Round Betting: Here the bettor can speculate on which round the bout will end in. The payoff will depend on which round the fight ends in; the earlier the bettor predicts, the greater the payoff.
3. Moneyline: The most straightforward and popular type of bet in boxing is the Moneyline. This wager requires the bettor to choose the fighter they believe will win, and the payout depends on the odds offered based on the records of each fighter.
4. Prop Bets: William Hill also offers customers an extensive range of Proposition Bets. These wagers allow the bettor to speculate on a range of in-fight outcomes such as who will land the most punches and knockdowns, or who will connect most with a certain punch type.
5. Draw Betting: Somewhat of a rarity in boxing betting, if the bout ends in a draw, this type of bet pays out. This type of bet is only available with certain bookmaker/sportsbook websites.
Live Betting Boxing at William Hill
Live betting on boxing at a sportsbook such as William Hill offers a unique and exciting experience for boxing fans. Live betting on boxing matches allows bettors to make bets and change their bets during a fight. William Hill’s live betting markets are broad and include the results of individual rounds, the winner at the end of the fight, and who will be ahead in the scorecards when the bell sounds. Bettors can also make multiple bets, making for unique wagering opportunities.
For each match, William Hill provides a “running line” which outlines the progress of the fight through all the rounds. This makes it easier for bettors to keep track of the action and place their bets. Bets can be placed anywhere on the line. During each round, a bettor can move their bet on the running line in order to follow the action in the ring. Once a bet is placed and the round is complete, bettors can switch their bets or add to existing bets before the beginning of the next round.
Moves made on William Hill’s sportsbook will reflect the real-life action in the ring, and a bettor’s success (or loss) will depend on the skill of their chosen boxer and the corresponding payouts offered by the bookmaker. This makes live betting on boxing an exciting way to experience the sport and gain a real-time understanding of the competition and its various outcomes. With the ability to win or lose multiple times during a fight, live betting also allows for potentially huge wins or losses within the duration of a match.
Odds for Boxing (MMA)
William Hill offers good odds for MMA. They provide a wide selection of fight markets and competitive prices on MMA fights across all major promotions in the sport, including UFC and Bellator. They cover all the biggest fights, along with a number of smaller promotions as well. William Hill also maintains high integrity when it comes to setting prices in their MMA markets, which ensures you’re getting the best bang for your buck when betting on MMA with William Hill.
Steps to Place a Bet on an MMA or Boxing Match at William Hill
- Create an account with William Hill Sportsbook by visiting their website and click on “Join Now”. Provide all required information on the registration form before submitting it.
- Login to your account with the username and password you provided during the registration process.
- Click on the “Sports” tab and then “MMA/Boxing” subcategory.
- Choose the MMA or boxing fight that you would like to bet on.
- Click on the “Bet Now” button to choose your bet type: “Money Line”, “Round Betting”, “Total Rounds”, “Method of Victory” or “Specials” (exact option will vary based on the fight’s parameters).
- Enter the amount of cash you would like to bet on the fight.
- Click on the “Place Bet” button to finalize your bet.
- Wait for the results of the fight and if you have chosen correctly then your William Hill Sportsbook account will be issued a payout accordingly.
Tips for Making Successful Boxing Bets
- Do your research – Before you place a bet on a boxing match, you should do your homework. Watch as many of the fighters’ recent fights as you can to get a better idea of their style, strategy and form. Also, research the history between the two fighters and any other interesting information that could influence the outcome of the fight.
- Analyze the odds – Most sportsbooks offer odds on different types of boxing bets, such as the winner, the round the fight will end, or who will win by decision. Make sure you analyze the odds available to you before deciding which kind of bet to make.
- Consider the referee – Most boxing matches are highly regulated and the referee can have a major impact on who wins. Do your research on the referee to get an idea of how strict they are and who they may favor.
- Manage your bankroll – Set aside a specific amount of money for your boxing bets and make sure you stick to it. Most importantly, never chase your losses and remain disciplined in your betting strategy.
- Evaluate the undercards – Pay attention to the undercards of the main fights, as the more talented fighters tend to dominate in these. Keep an eye out for potential upsets in the undercard bouts as these could give you an edge when it comes to choosing which fight to bet on.